Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mamere's 80!

Today is Mamere's 80th birthday! Happy 80th Birthday, Mamere! See her birthday cards below.
 
 
Mamere means "grandma" in french... That's what I grew up calling her. Mamere is my mom's mom and lives in a teeny, tiny town in Northeastern Maine. It's pretty much potato fields until Canada from there! I love it. Everyone knows everyone. It's a perfect little small town. Mamere lives in a red house that I absolutely adore. When visiting, we play cards at the dinner table, ping-pong in the basement, volleyball in the backyard, or walk down the hill to get frozen yogurt... We pretend like the walk is exercise and we deserve a treat (as if the short walk were enough to burn off the calories of our giant frozen yogurt cones!). And most importantly, LOBSTER FEASTS! A trip to Maine (or North Carolina, for that matter) is not compelete without one. Lobster Feasts are definitely a very important family tradition. My mom and her three sisters will sit for hours after the meal cleaning out all the claws and the legs. See one of my old posts for the Lobster Care Package I made for my mom last time she went to Maine. Like I said, Lobster Feasts are a big deal in my family.



To Make: Stampin' Up colors Basic Black (cardstock,ribbon, and stamp pad), Kraft (cardstock), Baja Breeze (cardstock and stamp pad), Whisper White (cardstock); Stampin' Up stamp set Awash with Flowers.


To Make: Cake was cut using Stretch Your Imagination Cricut cartridge; Stampin' Up stamp set One Smart Cookie; Stampin' Up colors Basic Black (cardstock and stamp pad), Whisper White (cardstock and stamp pad).

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment