Saturday, July 2, 2011

Triple Chocolate Cheesecake

Oh, baby! Daniel and I are having dinner with friends tonight, so as usual, I made dessert. I LOVE the triple chocolate cheesecake that comes in the "Cheesecake Dillema" box at Trader Joe's, so I thought I'd try making that. I didn't have an actual recipe, but 3 seperate cheesecake recipes that I combined... And it TOTALLY worked! In reality, I made a chocolate graham cracker crust, filled it with chocolate cheesecake, then topped it off with mini chocolate chips. You'll find the recipes below.


Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe:

HERSHEY'S Crust
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. HERSHEY's Cocoa
1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter, melted
Combine graham crackers, sugar, cocoa, and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes at 325.

HERSHEY'S Chocolate Cheesecake
3 packages (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. HERSHEY's Cocoa
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Beat cream cheese sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared crust.* Bake 45-50 minutes at 350. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Loosen cake from side of pan before removing side of pan completely. Cover and refrigerate several hours. Enjoy!

* One mistake I made was not mixing in the mini chocolate chips before pouring the filling into the crust. Next time, I plan on pouring about half of the cheesecake filling into the crust., mixing the mini chocolate chips with the remaining filling, then pouring that chocolately batch on top of the cheesecake. Maybe a nice chocolate drizzle over that?












VOTE: Which do you prefer, Original (vanilla) Cheesecake or Chocolate Cheesecake?

And don't forget about my GIVEAWAY!

1 comment:

  1. Love both but if I had to pick...prob. chocolate:) I entered your giveaway!! Come enter mine...ends at midnight!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete